Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield | Newark, NJ 3/2018 – current
Lead UX | UX Team
- Lead 8 UX designers and architects on the design of the Horizon Digital Member Portal.
- Implemented a more UCD-focused design process within the Agile sprint environment.
- Led weekly design demos to internal stakeholders to gain design and approval.
- Identified and implemented efficiencies in the team’s use of Axure.
- Evangelized the new UX process and goals to the larger Digital Development team.
AIG | New York, NY 6/2017 – 3/2018
Lead UX | Digital Design Group
- Lead UX on the full redesign of the AIG annuities website.
- While working in an Agile environment, managed the creation of designs between up to 2 designers.
- Led weekly design demos to internal stakeholders including executive presentations to gain approval.
- Led weekly ideation sessions within the team to organize thoughts and come to consensus on direction.
- Hosted design workshops to ideate on new ideas.
- Hand-picked to participate in a 90-day innovation business unit (5 people in total) to propose and develop new ideas for senior leaders at AIG to present at CES2018.
Verizon | Basking Ridge, NJ 8/2016 – 5/2017
Senior UX Strategist, Manager | User Experience Group
- Lead UX Strategist on several digital projects and initiative.
- Organized journey mapping exercise with a high profile Verizon partner to examine the customer journey.
- Led a proto-persona activity to help the team begin to think about who their users are.
- Collaborated with an external UX testing firm to design and implement user surveys and testing.
- Worked closely with the VP and Director of UX to formalize and course correct the UX process within Verizon.
- Performed “lemonade stand” user testing events in the Verizon cafeteria to test ideas.
- Presented research findings to senior executives to demonstrate the value UX can bring to product development.
John Wiley and Sons | Publisher | Hoboken, NJ 4/2014 – 5/2016
User Experience Manager | User Experience Group
- Led a team of UX Architects supporting the Global Education and Professional Development businesses.
- Organized a Lean UX guest speaker talk to help evangelize the methodology at Wiley.
- Interviewed countless users to understand their needs first.
- Supervised the redesign of various Wiley websites.
- Wiley Pacesetter Award recipient – 2014
- Steering committee member for implementation of Scaled Agile.
NYC UXPA | Presenter | New York, NY 8/23/2016
“Ready, Set, Design” UX Design Studio Workshop
Led a Design Studio Workshop for 90+ attendees to expose them to the technique.
NYU | Adjunct Instructor | New York, NY Fall 2015
Fall 2015: Exploring User Interface Design
John Wiley and Sons | Publisher | Hoboken, NJ 2/2010 – 4/2014
Senior Information Architect | User Experience Group
- Lead UX Architect supporting the Global Education and Professional Development businesses.
- Information Architect for redesign of highly profitable Leadership Practice Inventory website.
- Information Architect for Wiley Open Access Initiative, a new business model in Wiley.
- Information Architect for the redesign of wiley.com, Wiley’s corporate presence and catalog.
TD Ameritrade | Online Broker | Jersey City, NJ 1/2008 – 1/2010
Senior Interaction Designer | User Experience Group
- Lead Interaction Designer, Fixed Income Group key page redesign to increase purchases of long term investments.
- Designed wireframes using business requirements and personas as tools to drive the design.
- Administered focus groups and user testing to validate new designs and identify existing design flaws.
- Provided heuristic reviews of the corporate website and presented findings directly to stakeholders.
- Supported TD Ameritrade Institutional for post-launch updates and enhancements to “NextGen.”
TD Ameritrade | Online Broker | Jersey City, NJ 3/2007 – 1/2008
Interaction Designer | User Experience Group
- Lead Interaction Designer, TD Ameritrade Institutional “NextGen” website redesign.
- Project led team of 3 designers for TD Ameritrade Institutional “NextGen” website redesign.
- Participated in redefinition of UX process and workflow.
ADP | Employer Services | Roseland, NJ 12/2005 – 2/2007
Senior Usability Engineer | UI Group
- Lead UI designer for Health and Welfare Benefits Engine (HWSE) online tool.
- Established new UI standards for the corporate UI guidelines.
ADP | Employer Services | Roseland, NJ 1/2005 – 12/2005
User Interface Designer | UI Group
- Designed storyboards using Visio as part of cross-functional team.
Dun & Bradstreet | Information and Delivery Services | Parsippany, NJ 10/2003 – 1/2005
Intranet Support | Intranet Group
- QA review of internal business websites driven by FrontPage to ensure adherence to UI guidelines.
Web Developer | Intranet Group
- Designed and developed support request submittal form for business groups to request UI website reviews.
- Designed and developed new intranet websites for internal business groups uncomfortable using FrontPage.
Executive Cars | Luxury Car Buying Service | East Hanover, NJ 4/2002 – 10/2003
Web Designer/Web Developer/IT Support
- Designed and developed new web applications for service records and service needs.
- Created online credit application, streamlining the credit lending process between dealer and banks at point of sale.
Freelance Design and Development 1/2001 – 3/2002
Executive Cars | East Hanover, NJ – Designed and developed website to showcase dealer inventory.
Futurological Strategies | Brooklyn, NY – Developed record label website to feature products, artists and events.
Mack Boring Company | Union, NJ - Programmed website in HTML and ASP to display tests performed on engines.
SmithKline Beecham | Pharmaceutical Manufacturer | Parsippany, NJ 10/1999 – 12/2000
Web/Graphic/New Media Designer | Web Technology Group
- Developed and designed web graphics, flash presentations and prototypes for both intranet and internet websites.
- Maintained and supported the global intranet, creating web graphics and modifying content for business groups.
- Implemented content and graphics for the consumer TUMS.com website.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Montclair State University | Montclair, NJ Human Factors International | www.humanfactors.com
B.A. Fine Arts, December 1998 Certified Usability Analyst, June 2006
University of Scranton | Scranton, PA Rutgers Internet Institute | New Brunswick, NJ
Fine Arts, Elementary Education and Behavioral Science
Axure, Balsamiq, Agile, Lean UX, Scaled Agile, Trello, LucidCharts, Jira, OmniGraffle, Visio, HTML, CSS
Strategy Design, Brainstorm moderation, Heuristic Review, User Interviews, Flow Diagrams, Information Architecture, Wireframes, User Testing, Analysis and Recommendation Presentation, Business Need Analysis